Sunday, June 21, 2015

Poem: Nowhere Left to Turn

depression quote

I didn't get to post my usual weekly post last week because I've been dealing with some stuff. I can't write when my mind won't cooperate. So since I still haven't gotten around to finishing a post I thought I'd share a poem that I've been working on. This is the rough draft, the poem obviously needs some work but it does explain a little bit about what I've been dealing with. 


Nowhere Left to Turn

I feel trapped with nowhere to go.
A loneliness surrounds me
I’m suffocating, I can't break free.

I'm filled with doubt
 Second guessing every thought,
 Bridges burn, Nowhere left to turn,

Skilled in avoiding what’s bothering me.
How can I begin to let someone in 
 I can't let the feelings creep in.

I'm on autopilot, I’ve become numb.
Once so vigilant noticing every detail,
Now people talk and I don’t even hear them.

I’m not like everyone else,
 I’m semi-functional at best,
It's all so draining, I can't be myself

 They will never understand me,
Or respect my boundaries,
That's why I can’t commit,

When I have to hide who I really am
There's nothing left to talk about
So I avoid my phone and end up alone

pain quote






2 comments:

  1. I hope this is the first half of a poem that ultimately ends in hope...I enjoyed your writing, hope to see more soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believed that this poem could be something that a lot of people could relate to in some way because most of us have those sad moments when we feel alone. Life will always have its up and downs. We have to take the good with the bad. A lot of things have happened recently that have made me realize that although self-improvement is something I wanted to do on my own I could gain much from therapy. I feel like I need to share my thoughts with an unbias person who will give me their honest opinion and some constructive criticism. I know I have a few things I really want to change about myself and I need someone to help me come up with strategies to improve myself, but I also want an unbias opinion because some people in my life have started to make me doubt what I believe is right. Even thought I seem to have a bit less hope lately I still believe there is hope for a happier future. I just have a more difficulty then usual staying optimistic lately. Thank you for commenting it really helps knowing someones actually reading my post.

      Delete

Please leave a comment and let me know you dropped by.
If you have a blog, you can share your blog link,
but spammy comments will be removed. Thanks