Sunday, May 31, 2015

Why Alcohol in Grocery Stores is a Stupid Idea

alcohol addiction quote

It was announced recently that beer will be sold in grocery stores where I live. I know this might not seem like a big deal because it's common in a lot of places, but I disagree with it. We already have beer stores and liquor stores to purchase alcohol from, so why do we need alcohol in grocery stores. We never have before so it's not like we are missing the convenience of it. We are used to going to a specific store to purchase alcohol.

It's not like our society doesn't have enough problems with alcohol addiction so lets just make alcohol more accessible because going to the beer store is just darn inconvenient. I'm sorry, but if you want to drink I think you should have to get your butt to the beer store.



fuck the government quote
Why tempt as many people as possible by selling alcohol in grocery stores where everyone shops, if they want to you know, EAT. It's kind of a necessity if you don't want to die from starvation, or gain weight eating take out all the time. Recovering alcoholics who avoid bars and liquor stores, can't really avoid grocery stores unless they want to starve. They should keep these two totally different types of products separate. I feel this a grab for money by the government and by grocery stores. Stop letting greed dictate your morals.

I'm not saying drinking is bad for everyone and we should never judge anyone for drinking. Its just that people don't need to be tempted any more than they already are with the media glamorizing alcohol consumption. I think this might even cause some people to drink more often and potentially cause a bigger problem down the road. With alcohol being right there in front of them, they could pick some up without even thinking about it. While now if you want to drink you have to make a conscious decision to either go to the bar or the beer store,

alcohol quote
There's a grocery store near my place that sells wine right when you walk out of the store. Most of the time, they have a person standing right outside the booth with wine samples, asking every adult that goes by if they would like to try whatever wine they are trying to promote. You can't avoid it because it's just before the door. I feel like I'm one of the only people that see this as a problem. You don't see people trying to promote cigarette brands by standing at a grocery store exit offering a cigarette. I think our government needs to be more aware and responsible with alcohol issues. I don't want it to be illegal, like I talked about in the post 5 Reasons Why We Should Give Up the War on Drugs, let people do what they want but don't shove it in their face. No need to promote it and make it more accessible we have enough people drinking alcohol already. Stop being greedy!

Do you think it's a bad idea?
Let me know in the comments below.

PS. Check out the Crystal Healing Trees I make myself. They are super pretty and I find they can be very soothing and healing.

4 comments:

  1. Thought-provoking post Chelsie. I didn't even realize there were still places in the U.S. where you couldn't get beer in grocery stores. It's a shame there are fewer now.

    Thanks for sharing…I appreciate it. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm in Ontario Canada. This is the first time beer will be sold in grocery stores in my province. I don't have an alcohol addiction. I don't even enjoy it all that much. I do have a drink on my birthday and Christmas but not much. I just think that for people who are trying to recover from an alcohol addiction this is a slap in the face. We've never had it here so why start now. I don't know, it seems pretty stupid to me but the government does a lot of stupid shit so it shouldn't be surprise me. Thanks for your comment means a lot. Hope to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Counselling Sydney workers help people tackle their drug, alcohol or solvent misuse problems. If you want to help people and you have an understanding of substance misuse issues, this job could be ideal for you. In this job you would need to be calm and caring, and able to build trust with vulnerable people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sounds like something Id be perfect for. Please let me know how to apply. I can also be contacted at 4vercharmed@gmail.com

      Delete

Please leave a comment and let me know you dropped by.
If you have a blog, you can share your blog link,
but spammy comments will be removed. Thanks