Sunday, April 05, 2015

Recovering Addict Mantra: Getting Back up & Chasing the Dream


When you find something that motivates you, grab on to it and don't let it go. It's incredible when life presents us with clear signs to remind us and to set us back on the right path. I feel like the universe is telling me to kick it up a notch.



I'm sure many people reading this have heard of the documentary The Secret and maybe even the documentary Happy on Netflix. If you haven't watched it I strongly suggest you get to it. Clear you schedule, put on some pj's, snuggle up on your couch and get ready to be inspired. I believe that meaningful things happen in one's life when they're most needed, and that was exactly the case when I came across these 2 documentaries this week, out of the hundreds on Netflix I decided to watch these two. 

For the past couple months, I've been more negative and stressed than usual and I had stopped looking at the bigger picture. Getting too caught up in the things that weren't going my way and feeling helpless about it. I needed to stop thinking of the worst and have the courage to go after the things I want. I was disappointed that I'm going to have to wait until September or January to retake the last class I need to graduate because I didn't get along with the teacher. 

Despite having given her a doctors note for handing in an assignment late, she deducted  30% off my final grade, not to mention all the other points she deducted for random things. For example, she says I passed the amount of pages allowed for the essay when on my computer and when I printed the essay I was well within the amount allowed. Needless to say, I failed the class when it was clearly obvious I knew the material. I always answered all her questions correctly in class and I got 85% on the multiple choice part of the exam because the grading wasn't subjective. If there was any room for subjective interpretation on her part she would find anything she could to deduct points off my final grade. You can read more about that here.

Having failed a class and having to wait to start looking for a career in my field really had me stressed out. I need the money and I want to start helping people with a meaningful career especially now that I'm a mom. I want to provide for my son and be a good role model for him. When I finally found out it was official that I'd have to retake the class and was feeling at my lowest I came across those two documentaries. I got the message and realized I needed to look at things in a positive light if I wanted my dreams to come true. 

I decided to take advantage of the situation and start looking into volunteering and getting to know the places and people I want to work for. I need to start going after the things I really want and stop being so shy and introverted. I know I have a lot to offer and that all my life experience will be an asset in helping others. I just need someone to give me a chance and hire me. This bump in the road will give me time to look for the perfect job for me. Everything happens for a reason.

Here's to never backing down, always getting back up and having the courage to chase your dreams at full force.

Check out How Can a Pregnant Teacher be Dismissive of my Postpartum Struggles

Happy Easter Everyone!!
Chelsie Charmed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know you dropped by.
If you have a blog, you can share your blog link,
but spammy comments will be removed. Thanks