Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Its Official, I'm Having a Boy!!


It feels like I've been waiting for this all year. I finally found out I'm having a baby boy Nov. 18, a lil Scorpio we decided to name Chase. My mom and hubby came to the ultrasound with me on Thursday. It was really amazing seeing my baby and how big he's getting. We all got to find out it was a boy at the same time when he finally uncrossed his legs and showed us his boy part. 

I had been telling everyone it was a little boy ever since I found out I was pregnant. Its like my intuition just knew but I would of been happy either way, I just want a healthy baby and so far everything looks good. I went to the OBGYN this afternoon an she said everything look really good. I gained 4-5 pounds total since the beginning of my pregnancy and I'm now 22 weeks pregnant. The babies heart beat today was 147 and last time it was 154. Chase is about a pound and 11 inches. I really can't wait to meet him, but it does also scare me. I'm a natural worrier, I worry about everything excessively so worrying about being able to provide for my little one is nothing new.

Its my mom's first grand child and she's planning my baby shower with my cousin which I really really appreciate. I decided I wanted a galaxy theme with planets, stars and the moon. Its all getting so exciting but I'm also getting really anxious. It feels like I'm not prepared and everything's happening so fast. I wish me and my hubby could start shopping and getting the room ready but we want to wait and see what I'll be getting at the baby shower first because we don't have that much money to begin with and once I stop working, money going to be tight. I'm still working about 20-25 hours a week and its getting really hard but I want us to get a car before I take some time off. It really helps that my hubby has a decent job, it will keeps us going until I start working again. 

I'll probably stop working when I go back to school this September to finish my thesis which I'm also worried about not getting done because of the pregnancy and with the baby on the way but I'm really determined to get my diploma so I can provide a good life for my lil one. It's all going to be really hard but I just have to stay motivated and determined. Now I'm off to do some homework for my online courses I've been taking this summer,the exam are at the end of the month, so got to get to it. :)

Charmed



9 comments:

  1. Awwwww! How exciting! Congratulations and welcome baby Chase! Just take it all one day at a time. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sometimes I get overwhelmed with the amount of stuff left to do to prepare since I haven't really done anything except move into a two bedroom but I keep telling myself everything will work out like its suppose to. :)

      Delete
    2. Society tells you that need so much to welcome a baby home...it's really not true. Diapers, a car seat, if you plan on nursing then you've got the food covered, and if you don't want the baby to sleep in your bed, then a cushioned basket. The most important necessity for baby chase will be YOU. ❤

      Delete
  2. Ahh Thx, that's good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! This is a big deal. The addict in me had convinced myself that I was too selfish and irresponsible to want children. I carried that belief well into my recovery. I know my wife wanted a child and I grudgingly agreed to try. It was literally at the moment she told me she was pregnant that those feelings vanished and my daughter became what I am sure is the meaning of life. There is nothing more amazing.

    It can absolutely be an overwhelming time and I'm just the sort to get overwhelmed, procrastinate, overthink, get anxious, etc. Having done it I now realize so much of what we're told we need to have and do in the early days is superfluous. I can't even remember all the stuff that we supposedly had to have that we never or barely used. I'm sure you'll be fine.

    What helped me immensely is when I realized in the early days of my wife's pregnancy was that we were only going to do this once so I should relax take each moment as it comes and be present in the moment. It allowed me to not simply deal with things like no sleep because I was up all night rocking a baby but LOVE it.

    Don't hesitate to reach out on Twitter—to me or any of those in the loose sober, recovery, xa group over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, thats reassuring. Sometimes when Im alone and I look at myself int he mirror and see my growing belly it hits me and I get anxious, like omg this is really happening. Im 25 so I should be responsible enough to do this but sometimes Im not to sure. Talking it out with other recovering parents really helps. Oh and I took a look at you blog, I really like, its pretty awesome. I tried to leave comment in the about section but couldn't figure out how.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for checking out the site—I really appreciate it.

    Some of the best advice I got regarding being a new parent was from one of my younger (normie) brothers who has 2. He told me not too worry too much—that kids are pretty resilient. And he's been right. As long as they've got your unconditional love you can get them though most anything.

    Also, thanks for the thought on the comments on the About section. I hadn't thought of that I'm going to add one right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your interested Id like to possibly share my recovery story on your blog. :)

      Delete
    2. When you're ready, I'd be honored. I'll DM you in a bit so we can figure out the details.

      Delete

Please leave a comment and let me know you dropped by.
If you have a blog, you can share your blog link,
but spammy comments will be removed. Thanks