Saturday, August 17, 2013

Cheers To New Beginnings

Wow! Work has kept me really busy since coming back from camping. I got the job at subway and I actually enjoy working there. I'm taking on more hours until school starts then I’ll be taking only a shift or two a week. I didn't expect to take on this many hours this month. So much for part time, right.... meh it’s all good I need the money anyways. I don't get much time to myself but having a job I like and working with people I like has given me the support and strength I needed to detach from the destructive relationship I've been in. This gave me the chance to let someone new in my life that makes me happy but I’ll talk more about that in another post.

I booked this weekend off for my cousins’ baby shower and I slept at camp last night. I spent some time with my little brother (half on my mom’s side) peddle boating. We saw a family of ducks and caught a frog. We made a nice fire and made marshmallows. I'm really happy I got to spend quality time with my little brother. We even watched Jack the giant slayer before bed. The moon stars and lake were so beautiful last night. I had fun even if it was just for a night. We are heading back to my mom’s this afternoon and the baby shower is tomorrow.

I also promised my dad that I’d come over and see my little sister (half on my dad’s side) tomorrow when she gets there because she’s been asking to see me for more than a couple years and she’s only 8. We never get to see each other because she lives so far away and I do miss her. I often wonder how much she has changed in these many, many years. But I'm a little worried about how that's going to work out since I have to be at the baby shower and my ride back home is leaving right after baby shower and I don't want to leave any later than that anyways because I want to hang out with the new guy in my life.

I hope it all works out and I get to spend time with everyone since I don't get many weekends off and I want to make the most of it. I'll also be writing a post shortly about what’s going on in my love life. I know I should write more and even get back to drawing. I don't even read as much since I started my new job at Subway. The main thing right now is that I'm truly happy and I feel blessed to have this new person in my life.


Take care Everyone and Have a great Weekend.

Charmed


6 comments:

  1. Hey! Chelsie, I am so glad that life has been good for you and that you found a job you like and people you like working with. Doing something you love to do for employment is very important its more like hanging out rather than work. Hey! much Happiest and spiritual love from your brother in recovery Jo0hnny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx friend. I know its been a while but I'm still at subway while going to school. Although its hard I love it :)

      Delete
  2. So excellent to hear that things are going well for you. Sometimes being busy is what a person needs, just be careful you don't keep it up for to long, you can burn yourself out. But for now, enjoy the constant activity! It sounds like you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya for sure. Ive been pushing myself hard this last month. Not getting much sleep. My hairs started falling out a lot more then usual. Ive been trying to make time to get a haircut hoping that if I cut of at least 6 inches it will help. (My hairs down to bum, lol) well thx for the comment sorry it took so long for my reply

      Delete
  3. It is so important to find work where you have the support and strength you need in this life and I'm happy to hear you have found it. Sobriety works hand in hand when we have such necessary backbones in our lives. It sounds like you are on a great path and I wish you all the best with your journey. Remember to take things slow with the new guy. This time is mostly about the beautiful person YOU are still discovering. For a long time, I put others first and forgot about the time I desperately needed to recognize the person I am now finally becoming. I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats soo true. We need good ppl in our lives. Ppl that can understand that sometimes we need to put us first. I still live with the curse and blessing of having a big heart and I'm still trying to figure how to make it work for me. Hope to hear from you again.

      Delete

Please leave a comment and let me know you dropped by.
If you have a blog, you can share your blog link,
but spammy comments will be removed. Thanks