Saturday, February 02, 2013

Mother Daughter Bonding With Drugs

I came down to visit my mom and dad this weekend and got a ride with my dad in his transport. I only live an hour away so it isn't too far but I still don't get to visit as much lately so I was happy I finally committed to coming down for a weekend. And maybe I'll get a bit of laundry done at my moms while I'm at it ;) haha... I'm such a kid some times. It took a while to actually get my dad to leave once he got me to the office because he started having a beer. After 2-3 hours we finally left and during the ride we were catching up and laughing because my dad was being silly as usual. Now by the time we got to this little town we were at the halfway point and it got a bit more quiet so I was able to look out the window peacefully  That's when I saw the Liquor Store on the right and remembered how a few years back when I was in that parking lot for the first time with my mom trying to cash a bank check to an account with no money in it so we could get pills. Its was like 20 minutes out of town so we didn't know anyone there. They didn't cash our check so we went to a grocery a little farther off the highway in to the town and got a check cash. We went straight back home to get some pills. Its funny how this memory doesn't make me sad but instead I see as a good memory because its time spent bonding with my mom. We bonded lots when we were both on pills its one of the things that I missed the most being sober. Its like we had this common goal and understood each other completely but most of all it was our secret, something only we shared. I'd like to proudly say we are both completely off oxys now and I don't think I could of did it with out her. I got her into pills and she got me out, she truly is amazing. I love you Mom.

Charmed


2 comments:

  1. This wkd was a deal breaker for me.
    You see I had a commitment with the guy I live with and the father of my beautiful miracle baby boy, he is now 9y.o. It was a 6 months commitment to give it one last chance.Sad to say but relieved that it is done. It was good at times but mostly very hard physically being nervous,anxious and in the end ill to my stomach.
    My precious daughter made the effort to visit me from her busy life and I enjoyed every minute with her. Unfortunately I wasn't emotionally present because of my relationship with this man/
    Thankfully time was not wasted because her presence gave me the strength to let go. I am moving on and out. I have already found a new place to live.
    So thank you Charmed for your support and your good example. You make me want to better my self being the woman I want to become.
    P.S. Re: got myself on pills and you got yourself off of them I was responsible for my actions, babygirl. We did help each other during those times. Love you your Mom

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know you dropped by.
If you have a blog, you can share your blog link,
but spammy comments will be removed. Thanks